A Rock Star in the making...by Teacher Thea

After all the drama brought about by my paradigm shift last weekend, here's a much needed breather for one emotional Mama. I am quite grateful for having such awesome "Best Teachers Forever" collaborators and "co-conspirators" in my son's homeschool education. One of the advantages of having such multi-talented teachers around Kids Ahoy kids, is my kid being a direct beneficiary of all that I work so hard for everyday. As our community grows, so is my son. It is his good fortune to be able to enjoy the best of many worlds:

eclectic homeschooling + best teachers + Kids Ahoy creative and social playground + an encouraging community that surrounds him, plus a Dad who is very much engaged in his education & needs inspite of the distance and a Mom who's around 24/7.

Imagine having parent-teachers meetings every lunch hour of every day at least? So far, I have no complaints at all. In fact, it's so ideal, we can only get better at it from hereon.

KEEP ROCKIN CJ & ROCK ON DEAR TEACHERS!

============================

A Rock Star in the making...by Teacher Thea

CJ and I have been doing guitar lessons for almost a month now, and I'm glad that he's really getting in to it. :)

although we might have progressed a bit too fast...

CJ BEFORE CJ AFTER

hehehe..just kidding mommy J! CJ and I were just having a little fun, no need to panic (yet). hehe.

I'm really happy to see Cj's improvment not only in his guitar-playing but emotionally as well. Aside from reading notes and learning to strum chords, we learned a lot of valuable lessons.

1. Learn to laugh at your mistakes.

2. If you can't play it slow, you can't play it fast.

CJ made his own motto for this principle, he said: "slow practice = fast progress"

3. Being a great musician is not about memorizing notes and perfecting every technique, It's about having these 3 things: patience, discipline and heart.

CJ will have his debut performance on Feb. 28 at our arts and music festival. Hopefully Teacher Kakoy and Teacher Gareth could jam with us. Find out the song that turned him into this little rockstar. hehehe.

Hope to see you guys there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment