Parenting Reflections for 2010

"And we have learned that to raise a happy, healthy and hopeful child, it takes a family, it takes teachers, it takes clergy, it takes business people, it takes community leaders, it takes those who protect our health and safety, it takes all of us. Yes, it takes a village." - Hillary Clinton

Join our proactive village today! http://facebook.com/kidsahoyshop & http://www.kidsahoyshop.com and together, let us help raise a truly Filipino global child, one with local roots and global dreams!

HAPPY PARENTING THIS 2010 AND BEYOND EVERYONE!

___________________________________________________



As I Grow
~Author Unknown~


Please understand I am growing up and changing very fast.
It must be difficult to keep pace with me, but please try.

Please reward me for telling the truth.
Then I am not frightened into lying.

Please tell me when you make mistakes and what you learned from them.
Then I can accept that I am okay, even when I blunder.

Please pay attention to me and spend time with me.
Then I can believe that I am important and worthwhile.

Please help me explore my unique interests, talents and potential.
In order for me to be happy, I need to be me.

Please do the things you want me to do.
Then I have a good, positive model.

Please tell me by your words and actions that you love me.
Then I will feel loveable and will be able to love myself and others.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Just Playing
by Anita Wadley


When I'm building in the block room,
Please don't say I'm "Just playing."
For, you see, I'm learning as I play,
About balance, I may be an architect someday.

When I'm getting all dressed up,
Setting the table, caring for the babies,
Don't get the idea I'm "Just Playing."
I may be a mother or a father someday.

When you see me up to my elbows in paint,
Or standing at an easel, or molding and shaping clay,
Please don't let me hear you say, "He is Just Playing."
For, you see, I'm learning as I play.
I just might be a teacher someday.

When you see me engrossed in a puzzle
Or some "playing" at my school,
Please don't feel the time is wasted in "play."
For you see, I'm learning as I play.
I'm learning to solve problems and concentrate.
I may be in business someday.

When you see me cooking or tasting foods,
Please don't think that because I enjoy it, it is "Just Play."
I'm learning to follow directions and see the differences.
I may be a cook someday.

When you see me learning to skip, hop, run, and move my body,
Please don't say I'm "Just Playing."
For, you see, I'm learning as I play.
I'm learning how my body works.
I may be a doctor, nurse, or athlete someday.

When you ask me what I've done at school today,
And I say, "I just played."
Please don't misunderstand me.
For, you see, I'm learning as I play.
I'm learning to enjoy and be successful in my work.
I'm preparing for tomorrow.
Today, I am a child and my work is play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again
by Diane Loomans


If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd finger-paint more, and point the fingers less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.

I would care to know less and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd teach less about the love of power, And more about the power of love.
__________________________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment